In 2014, Maison Joseph Drouhin signed an exclusive partnership with the Hospices de Belleville, owner of 34 acres in the 3 crus of Fleurie, Brouilly and Morgon. Nowadays the Hospice is a museum, having opened its doors in 1773 as a charitable institution which cared for the sick from among the poorest members of society. Throughout its time as a Hospice, it benefitted from the generosity of benefactors, some of whom donated vineyards, hence the exceptional parcels in Beaujolais
This partnership marks the culmination of a long shared history. Maurice Drouhin, son of Joseph Drouhin, founder of the house, was a member of the French resistance during the war and owed his life to the brave actions of the nuns of the Hospices de Beaune, who looked after him for 6 months. In later life, as a sign of his gratitude, Maurice voluntarily helped to manage the Hospices de Beaune, and subsequently the Hospices Civiles of the East of France, which included the Hospices de Belleville. Therefore this is a wonderful opportunity, 50 years later, for his grandchildren to invest in the Hospices de Belleville and to retrace their Grandfather’s footsteps.
This Brouilly displays a deep red purple robe, a fleshy body with supple, caressing tannins, perfectly balenced, fruitiness is present with a delicately peppery note to finish.